MELBOURNE PRP Injections for Joint Pain & Sports Injuries
Australian Sports Doctors (ASD) now offer PRP injections. Our Sports GPs in Melbourne are dedicated to assessing and managing all musculoskeletal conditions and sports injuries.
Our doctors will carefully assess your condition and work with you to offer a comprehensive management plan. They may also assess suitability for treatment with PRP injections (Platelet Rich Plasma) for joint pain or tendon injuries.
Common conditions our doctors may offer on-site evidence-based PRP injections for include:
- Knee Pain – Osteoarthritis, Degenerative meniscal tear [1, 2]
- Elbow pain – Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow 
- Heel pain – Plantar fasciitis [4, 5]
Other conditions with emerging evidence that may be suitable for PRP injections include:
- Hip pain – Gluteal tendinopathy, Hip arthritis 
- Shoulder pain – Rotator cuff tear or tendinopathy 
- Ankle pain – Achilles tendinopathy [9-11]
In cases where PRP injections may not be suitable, our doctors may also refer you to our extended network of reputable orthopaedic specialists and/or physical therapists that they work closely with.
Our clinic is open Monday- Fridays and seasonal weekends, no referral is required to see our Sports GPs. I-MED Radiology is located adjacent or on-site which allows for convenient access to imaging scans if needed.